Sunday, May 11, 2014

HALT!

A Mother's Day Article

I went to chapel this morning because of three various occasions to celebrate. (1) It’s christening day of my childhood best friend’s son, (2) It is fiesta in our barangay and of course, (3) It’s Mother’s Day!

Ang larawang ito ay hindi pag-aari ng blogger.
When I was inside the chapel, I really did not know that today is Mother’s day until Fr. Caloy greeted the mothers in his homily. I thought of texting her (my mom) BUT it’s my nature not to use phone when holy mass is on-going, so I wasn't able to greet my mama which is in Manila (I’m in our province), maybe later I will. But I can’t help myself, so I texted her right away. I know I cheated. [Sorry ho!]

Anyway back to story…

Fr. Caloy told us that his homily will not be about baptism nor the festival, but all about Mother’s Day. He shared to us the saying “Mother Knows Best” as he became him now because of his mom’s advises. In his experience, he does believe that this quote is quite real. Fr. Caloy told us the story of him when he was still a child that if he didn’t follow his mother, he won’t be in front of us. Little did he know that obeying his mother in such simple things could led him to be a great follower of God. Afterwards, the priest went directly to his main point.

He said mothers are always hungry.  Hungry, because everything she have in her hands and/or was about to eat would instead be given to her hungry child. How unfair for herself! Isn't it?

Ang larawang ito ay hindi pag-aari ng blogger.
Next is, she is angry. Always ANGRY. Angry with your father, with your neighbours, with you, and even with the vendors at the market selling overpriced goods. I bet your mother once got angry with you that she almost told you she wished you've never been brought to this wonderful world? How rude, wasn't it? It is because she loves you so much. She just didn't want what you did or what is happening to you. So when your mom got angry with you don’t stamp your feet or turn your back when she is talking to you. Just DON’T.

Next is lonely. I don’t know why, but the priest said she is lonely. Maybe because of the problems disturbing her every nights, that no one could help not even your father. Alone in solving your financial problems, maybe. Giving her sleepless and stressful nights. Mothers just don’t want anyone in your family to be bothered, I guess.

Ang larawang ito ay hindi pag-aari ng blogger.
Lastly, she is tired. Tired of being a mother of a hard-headed and stubborn 'you'. Waking up before the sun comes out just to prepare everything before you go to school and your dad to work. Makes breakfast, lunch and dinner. She’s the first one in the family to get out of bed and the last one to sleep JUST TO MAKE SURE everything’s fine. Isn't it hectic?

So now, we have Hunger, Anger, Lonely, and Tired. What word formed from each word’s first letter? Yes, HALT. You know what’s halt? It simply means STOP. The meaning says it all. STOP!

Ang larawang ito ay hindi pag-aari ng blogger.
Give your mom a break. Let her rest for a day. It’s now your chance to make it up to her. If you have no guts to say "I love you mom!" you better act like you do! Take her on a date. Treat her in a massage and spa package. Or, do some simple housekeeping. Volunteer yourself to wash the dishes, cook for breakfast-lunch-dinner, and do the laundry thing. I’m not saying do all of these. I just said if you can’t say these three magical words, do something to make her feel loved and remember that the Mother’s Day isn't just a normal day.

Just like Christmas, every day is Mother's Day! So never missed a single day to express your love to your mom! Before you regret it, don't wait for the tic-tac-tic-tac-tic comes, and you know what does it mean...

Happy Mother’s Day to all moms out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kung manti-trip ka, wag mong pakialaman ang sa 'kin. WALANG BASAGAN NG TRIP.